Comprehensive Stool Analysis
This test investigates the potential causes of many digestive symptoms such as gas, bloating, pain, constipation, diarrhea, and much more. It takes a look at the quality of the digestion of protein, fat, carbs and vegetables in your diet, the absorption of your nutrients, the presence of inflammation in the intestines, potential overgrowth of bacteria and yeast, and the presence of parasites.
This test would be useful for patients suffering from:
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation and/or Diarrhea
- IBS/Crohn’s/Ulcerative Colitis
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, hives
- Autoimmune conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, etc
Based on your results the direction of your treatment can be determined, whether it’s digestive enzymes, probiotics, antimicrobial herbs, anti inflammatory herbs, food sensitivity testing, or a referral to your medical doctor.
Feel free to call Dr. Ramona to discuss if this test could be right for you – (403) 719-2594.
Bloodwork through Calgary Lab Services
Dr. Ramona can requisition blood work through Calgary Lab Services. Tests most commonly run include:
- Full thyroid panel
- Cholesterol panel
- Iron and ferritin panel
- Insulin, fasting glucose, hemoglobin A1C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Kidney function panel
- Liver function panel
- Markers of inflammation
- And much more dependant on each patients health history
Organic Acids Testing
This test provides information about a patients overall health and nutritional status.
It provides information about:
- Oxidative Stress and the level of antioxidant requirements for a variety of antioxidants such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, alpha lipoic acid, CoQ10, and glutathione
- B vitamin requirements
- Mineral requirements
- Digestive enzyme requirements
- Probiotic/Microbiome support requirements
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Toxic exposure
- Malabsorption markers
- Dysbiosis and yeast markers
- Your ability to use fat and carbs for fuel
- Neurotransmitter support requirements
- Essential fatty acid requirements
The analysis is done via a urine sample collected at home so it’s simple and convenient for the patient.
It is helpful in assessing patients experiencing fatigue, difficult weight loss, stress, and patients looking to optimize their nutritional status and overall wellbeing.
Neurotransmitters play a significant role in our health and behavior. This test is done by analyzing urine samples, either collected in the morning or through out the day.
You could benefit from this test if you suffer from:
- Obsessive behavior
- Insomnia/sleep issues
- Feeling overwhelmed from stress/unable to wind down
- A lack of drive/motivation
Some patients prefer to do a trial and error of supplements/herbs/lifestyle modifications to support neurotransmitter health after an assessment with Dr. Ramona, while some prefer to have the testing done to get hard data to act on.
This can be discussed in your visit with Dr. Ramona to make the choice that is best for you.